Akins adopts the underwritten principles of the Total Quality, Safety and Environment Policy. Explicitly stated, Akins, while ensuring the safety of operations, health of the staff and the respect of the environment, shall strive continually to improve the Quality Performances by committing:
- Protect, and strive for improvement of, the health, safety and security of our people at all times;
- Eliminate Quality non-conformance and HSE accidents;
- Provide a framework for setting QHSE goals and performance objectives and the resources needed to successfully achieve them
- Meet specified customer requirements and ensure continual customer satisfaction;
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our QHSE performance through the definition of
operational standards, training, assessments and audits
- Be fully prepared to respond to any QHSE emergency
- Apply our technical skills to all HSE aspects in the design and engineering of our services and products;
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention and control of emissions, the efficient use of natural resources and the reduction and recycling of waste.
- Educate our employees, customers, contractors, and business partners on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our services and products, and how their actions can influence QHSE performance.
- Communicate openly with interested parties and ensure understanding of our QHSE policy, programs and performance
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Local regulations for understanding of our legal obligations and other requirements
We are committed to the proactive integration of QHSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by reward programs that recognize outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by our employees and sub-contractors.
This Policy shall be regularly reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability. The commitments listed are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with Akins standards, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate.This is critical to our business success because it allows us to systematically minimize all losses and adds value for all our stakeholders.